Cody Drive is named for Bishop Cody (unknown why)
Rev. John C. Cody
John Christopher Cody was born in Ottawa 1899 and was ordained on 1923. In 1937, Pope Pius XI named him Bishop of Victoria, B.C. At 37, he was the youngest bishop in Canada.
In 1946, he was appointed Co-adjutor Bishop of the London diocese. He succeeded Bishop Kidd, as the seventh Bishop of London 1950. Thirty-eight churches were built, and 40 rectories and many classrooms were added to existing schools.
Eleven of the new parishes were ethnic parishes to accommodate the immigrants who came from Europe after the Second World War. Regina Mundi College was opened in 1962. Christ the King College was established in London, Ont., and Holy Name College for women in Windsor, Ont.
Immigration centres were established in London and Windsor. In 1962, the Holy Father named St. Peter's Cathedral a basilica. The cathedral was completed to include towers, chimes, Our Lady Chapel and the Sacristy. Bishop Cody died in 1963. Source: Diocese of London