Park Street was laid out in 1855 by Toronto developers John Arnold and James Lukin Robinson and first appeared on the 1857 map. It is now the first street crossing Romeo Street south of the east-west VIA rail line.
Attracted to Stratford in anticipation of the coming of the Grand Trunk Railway in 1856, Arnold and Robinson bought a big tract of land. They owned everything east of Front Street, south from Ontario to the south side of the GTR main Toronto line where Park Street is located.
Among the residential streets laid out by Arnold and Robinson were Front, Bay, Well, Queen, Trinity, College, King, High, Oxford, Dover, Peter, Park, Frederick, Regent, and parts of Albert, Brunswick, Douro and Romeo. In the early days, Romeo Street was called Main Street to suggest the importance of that newly developed part of the city.