As streets go, High Street is one of the city’s shortest. It runs south off Douro Street, east of King Street, and dead ends.
Stratford’s High Street had its name imported from Toronto. Between 1853 and 1855, the first big land developers to come to Stratford, John Arnold and James Robinson, preferred to import their names from “the big city.” Other such imported names were Bay, College and Front. Source: Streets of Stratford 2004