A place at the inn
Franklin Drive was laid out by realtor Lloyd Franklin Drummond in 1971. He named the street after his father, William Franklin Drummond.
Lloyd opened a real estate business in Stratford in the early 1950s and was involved in many building and development projects in the city. In 1954 he opened a small restaurant called the Houseboat Inn in a park-like setting on the north side of the Avon River, on Romeo Street North, across the road from the Stratford Country Club. His inn grew grew in step with the Stratford Festival and came to be called the Victorian Inn, Stratford's first modern motel (motor hotel). After six additions, the Victorian Inn catered to Festival visitors meetings and had the largest banquet hall in the area, called Franklin Court. By Stanford Dingman
The Victorian Inn is now the River Gardens Retirement Residence at 10 Romeo St. N.