Wright Boulevard runs south from near the western end of Lorne Avenue in the south industrial section of the city known as the Wright Business Park. Wright Boulevard and Wright Business Park both are named in honour of former Stratford businessman and industrialist David M. Wright.
He was born in Ayton in 1874, and attended elementary and secondary schools in nearby Mount Forrest. He came to Stratford to attend the Central Business College in 1894.
He was associated with the Orr furniture factory, where the bandshell is now located, on the south shore of the Avon River to the east of the boathouse. In 1903, he joined the McLagan furniture company (see McLagan Street), one of Canada’s leading furniture makers. He eventually became president and general manager of that operation, as well as its affiliates, the Stratford Chair Co. and the Glass Guild.