James Lawrence Killoran, the Perth County judge from 1925 to 1945, was born in 1870 and raised in Seaforth, where he returned after completing law school in 1897. He then practised law in Goderich for 20 years, until he was appointed the judge for Perth County.
In 1912, he married Elizabeth Violet Cameron (1888-1968) and they had two children. In Stratford the Killorans lived at 16 Elizabeth St., which was the original Dufton House (see Elizabeth Street). He was active with the Stratford Country Club and the Knights of Columbus, and for many years he was president of the local St. Vincent de Paul Society, and honorary president of the Children's Aid Society. He died on Oct. 4, 1950, Elizabeth in August 1968. Source: Streets of Stratford 2004.